Thursday, June 24, 2010

Does anyone have any tips for applying a powder eye liner?

I bought the Loreal HIP eyeliner. It looks like it would be a liquid eyeliner because of the container it comes in but it's not, it's a very fine powder. When I use the applicator it came with specs fall off as i'm applying and end up on my cheecks just below my eyes. It also smudges alot when I go to wipe or dust them away. Does anyone have any ideas?Does anyone have any tips for applying a powder eye liner?
maybe u shud wet it. This one girl takes like dark powder eyeshadow and wets it and uses it as liquid liner..Does anyone have any tips for applying a powder eye liner?
Really, it's a powder?! How odd! Are you sure it is meant to be that way. If I were you I'd take it back to the shop and check if it is meant to be like that.


However if it is a power, and you do want to use it then I have an easy solution. Put a layer of pressed powder (Not foundation. Pressed powder) under your eye. Then, apply the eyeliner until you get the line you want. When you are finished, simply wipe away the line of powder. No makeup wipes needed, no smudges!


Hope I helped :)
Apply it with a brush WET.


Put a folded tissue in under your eyes.


Have face powder on, so, if any falls on your face, you can just quickly brush it away with the powder brush-without it smudging. It may smudge because you have a liquid foundation/just foundation/moisturiser on and it sticks to it.





Best answer? :)
Make sure you tap off the excess from the brush. Then apply like you would any other liner, staying close to the lash line and blending where needed.





If any does fall off just remove the excess with a fan brush. Working with powders always has the excess falling risk - just be sure your brush isn't over loaded and you'll reduce how much powder falls.





Good luck!
I never heard of that. I only thought they came out with gel liners? If you have a powder one for what ever reason I would probably try dipping my brush in water before applying it. Hope this helps. :]
Use a primer first on your eyes (concealer works just as well for me) and make sure you tap all of the excess off from the brush. If you think that the applicator is the problem, buy a good angled brush. I love all brushes from The Body Shop (especially their new kabuki).





Anyways, the primer should help the liner stick to your eyelid well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions